Scientology/Dwindling Sprial

Question
Hi Laurie, could you please explain the Dwindling Spiral and especially the end result. Do you think Revelation 18:23 hints of the end result?

Revelation 18:23 King James Version.
And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Answer
A dwindling spiral is simply the mechanism of things that are already bad making things worse.

A modern example is climate change.  Arctic and Antarctic thawing is causing less heat reflection back into space and more release of formerly sequestered greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane.  This is speeding up atmospheric heating and climate change.  It's a dwindling spiral.

People being aberrated causes them to do things which create even more aberration in both themselves and others.  That's a dwindling spiral.  An instance of this is the mental and spiritual sickness of the North Korean elite causing them to oppress the entire populace, which aberrates the populace as well.  Things being bad making other things worse.

A smaller example is kids getting a poor education, so that they are not competent, and cannot produce and be successful.  They grow up, join in families, and teach their own kids even less than they know.  Unable to be successful, the kids form new families, are unhappy, frustrated, angry at life, abuse each other and their kids, abuse substances, etc., and while the first generation only had a poor education, the third generation are mentally and spiritually battered, incompetent, apathetic, and hopeless.  Dwindling spiral.

One could interpret Revelation 18:23 as being a restatement of this law of human nature.  The end result of dwindling spirals is darkness and solidity.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton