what does the word "Origination" mean in context to the Scientology service? The leader shared a reading of some type and asked if anyone had an "origination" to share.

What does that mean?

Hi Susan

An "origination" was, originally (pun intended), something that the person who was receiving auditing said to the auditor in response to seeing something about themselves or their auditing. An observation or comment or a realization. It is distinct from a 'response" where the person receiving the auditing is replying to something asked by the auditor.

So if, in the lecture, Hubbard was asking his audience for any "originations" he was asking them to speak up about anything they had realized or come to know from what he had been lecturing about.

Mick Wenlock

I can answer questions dealing with a wide range of Scientology subjects. My main area of expertise is in the Management of the Church of Scientology. Along with that, the issues faced by people leaving the Church and the Sea Organization. I am no longer a member of the Church of Scientology. As I do not now possess a library of Hubbard's books, specific questions about auditing processes are not something I can give references for.

I was in the Sea Organization and Management of the Church for 13 years. I ran one of the Advanced Organizations.

I have two Associates degrees in Engineering and Computer Science