Scientology/Admiration and beingness

QUESTION: Hello I'm wondering what Ron means by, "In other words,he uses chaos as something he's fighting, and because he's fighting it, he closes terminals with it and becomes the chaos terminal himself".

End quote "Admiration and the renaissance of beingness".

So I understand what you don't want to be you become. Because you resist that thing. But I don't understand the part, "he closes terminals with it".

What mockup would I make to understand a closed terminal? Also im wondering if I have a closed terminal do I go further from it with my viso or farther from it?

Ive been exterior. Ive seen 2-3 feet behind my body. But I cant spot "terminals". Ive seen a bunch of lines, like lightening. How does a terminal collapse? What would be a clue to spotting it in yourself?

ANSWER: A "terminal" is a mass or a point in space used as a location to give and receive communication.  Often, it is the identity one has adopted.  per HCOB 8 Nov 62, "an item or identity the pc has actually been some time in the past (or present) is called a terminal."

Any point or thing which can be an origin, receipt or relay point for communication is a terminal.  At either end of a line of communication would be a terminal.

Professional Auditors Bulletin 63:  "When one begins to identify, one has "closed terminals" too closely, and believes one terminal is another terminal."

A characteristic of terminals is that there is space between them, like the terminals of a battery.  As long as there is space between them, there can be flow between them.  When they "close," that is the space between them is no more, then they are in the same place or are the "same" terminal.  So when one closes terminals with a thing, one identifies with it or "becomes" it.

QUESTION: Ok. Well I do understand terminal. It's just a thing, a facsimile, object or anything mest that can interchange things. But I spotted my problem is the word close, as in closes a terminal. When I think of close I think of a door and when it's closed it's shut and prevents anything from entering- without the use of force of course. So is that a correct understanding of "closes a terminal"?

I could understand it better if it was stops an interchange of love or affinity as closes a terminal. Is that what he means kind of?

ANSWER: Nope.  

What's closing isn't the terminals.  It's the space, the distance, between them.

If you are racing, and you are trailing, but you are making up ground and getting nearer to the person in front, you are said to be "closing."  You are closing the gap.  You are becoming closer, rather than farther, and soon, you are quite close.  It's that meaning of "close" we are looking at.  When you completely close the gap and there is no longer any space, ie you are touching or occupying the same space, you have "closed terminals."

Put your hands together, as though in prayer.  Now open them.  Now close them again.  See?  They are togther.  That sense of close.  Open them again.  Toss a small object from one to the other and back again.  There is distance, there is communication.  They are terminals.  Now close them as in prayer again.  Try to throw the object back and forth.  Impossible, as there is no distance between them.  There is no communication.  Your two hands are in contact or, if you interlace fingers, essentially occupying the same space.  You have closed terminals.

QUESTION: Ok great. Well that makes more sense.

However I'm confused about affinity now. Being close is considered to be a higher affinity than a low one right? People who hate each other are far and people who are apathetic are far but obey anyone. And then tone 4 can be close to the terminal it "loves" or has affinity for. So then if you resist a terminal you become it- like apathy and hate. So how does the terminal close when you don't like the thing you closed on- should it not go far from it? Going away from is what I think of of less affinity. Ah realization.

I liked your practical hand example.

Affinity is voluntary closeness - a wanting or desire to be near, or a being near because that's what you want.

Closing terminals is collapsing in on something after one's best efforts to maintain separation fail.  What one WANTS is to resist.  Since resistance can only be maintained in the presence of a counter-effort for what you are resisting to happen, then when the resistance breaks down, you actually pull the thing in on yourself.  Both effort and counter-effort are coming from you.  That's why "what you resist you become."

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.