Scientology/Media Representation

Hey there,
I'm a journalism student with a few (hopefully) quick questions for you.

1. How do you feel about the way your religion is popularly viewed and portrayed in the media?
2. Is there something in particular you wished the larger population understood about Scientology?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

1.  I feel that the media portrays Scientology as all controversy, all sensation, no fact.

2.  Scientology is a rational body of thought that is a tangible aid in improving one's understanding of life in general, and improving one's own life in particular.

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.