Scientology/beyond this

Hey Laurie,

Do you think thetans will ever achieve complete self-understanding? It seems like doing so would be the biggest blessing and biggest curse one could experience. Does such duality exist in your view of things? It seems like a newer or better understanding of things is a thetan's whole purpose. Hubbard said a thetan has 'an almost total knowledge' of things. Wonder why he used the word 'almost'.

Perfect understanding is a no-games condition.  And theta loves a game.  For this reason, if for no other, as long as there is a game or a desire for a game, there will never be PERFECT understanding.  And as perfect understanding of self would entail perfect understanding of everything, and as perfect understanding/coexistence brings about vanishment (as-is-ness), then the desire for existence, and for a game, is the "insurance" that there will never be perfect understanding.

That said, there is, theoretically, an optimum balance between know and not-know for any being.  The goal of theta might be to strike that optimum balance.

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.