I thank you in advance for your time Laurie.  Timidity in social situations seems to be one of the aspects in my life in which I have certainty. Oh, I've been pushing through it, but haven't quite grabbed it by the tail,  Yet.   Pretty pathetic really and it's not much fun beating myself up over it.  I'm handling all my other dynamics just fine.  If you'll give me a clue, I'll do the rest.

The way I handled my similar problem was:

a)  took public speaking classes in high school and participated in public speaking competitions.   Doing something that makes you nervous until you are good at it, reduces its nervous-making power over you.

b)  studied English writing and composition so that I could write and speak fluently and intelligently

c)  got auditing, which improved my feelings of self-worth

d)  learned to be expert in certain areas so that I could discuss them with authority.

e)  accomplished things in which I could have personal pride and confidence.

f)  did a Scientology Communication Course (and the training routines within that course more than once in other courses as well).

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.