Is acceptance the opposite of resistance? One would deduce so if one considers that the opposite of accepting something is being unwilling to accept it.

But, at the same time, non-resistance seems to be a prevailing  concept amongst Scientologists. In "A new slant on life" Hubbard says that accepting a wrong means that you are acknowledging the wrongness of the act. That one should merely 'understand'

Is this all just word games where everyone is really just trying to say "Don't make a big deal about it"?

Refusal to accept that something IS - that is to say, resisting it, is an attempt to alter or reduce it through effort or force.  The rules of the conditions of existence dictate that alter-is or not-is cause persistence -so, by resisting something, you ensure that it will persist.

If you don't want to be stuck with something, you have to ve willing for it to exist.  As-is-ness is the state of something at the moment of its creation and of its ceasing to be.  That which you would have vanish, you must know/understand competely.  If you refuse to "accept" it, that is not possible.  So - resisting something guarantees you will be stuck with it.

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.