Scientology/Scientology

Question
Do you think scientology works as a religion?

What is your experience with scientology?

How would you respond to rumors that David Miscavige abuses Sea Org members?

What are some of scientology's main beliefs?

What is your view on scientology's discommunication policy?

What does it feel like to be audited?

How has scientology changed your life?

Is the church loyal to L. Ron Hubbard’s original doctrine?

What is the meaning behind the scientology symbol?

Why is scientology so attractive for some people?

Does the average scientologist have any idea what goes on inside the church?

How much does it cost to be a scientologist?

How does someone who has achieved OT VIII act?

Do people blindly follow miscavige?

What would you like to say about the accusations surrounding the death of Lisa McPherson?

Why are Sea Org members not aloud to have kids?

What is the Rehabilitation Project Force?

Is there really a Church of Spiritual Tech?

Answer
I answered this question the day I got it, but it never appeared in the system, and I just now got a nudge from the system asking me to answer it.  So, here I go again:

Do you think scientology works as a religion? - yes

What is your experience with scientology? - I have been able to use it to improve my life immeasurably, in all ways.

How would you respond to rumors that David Miscavige abuses Sea Org members? - I would not respond to rumors

What are some of scientology's main beliefs? - People are spiritual beings that HAVE ad mind and HAVE a body, but are not their mind or their body.  The spirit (theta) is the organizing principle of the universe.  The purpose of theta as to the physical universe is survival.

What is your view on scientology's discommunication policy? - There is no "discommunication" policy.  People whose lives are made miserable by someone, and who even with training and coaching cannot convert these to productive, or at least non-harmful relationships, are allowed to disconnect from them for their own peace of mind.  Additionally, the church will have nothing to do with people whose mission in life is to do in Scientology, and asks that its members also have nothing to do with such people.  Both policies strike me as a rational way to deal with people who want only ill for you.

What does it feel like to be audited? - Since every session ends with a new realization, it is a very pleasant experience.

How has scientology changed your life? - Through the use of Scientology I have become more myself, more aware and at peace, more effective in my life, and better connected to those around me and to people in general.

Is the church loyal to L. Ron Hubbard’s original doctrine? - More so now, even, than when he passed.  Literally tens of thousands of pages of his original writings and lectures have been restored to the exact form in which he issued them, and restored to use.

What is the meaning behind the scientology symbol? - The "S" is for Scientology.  The lower triangle is ARC (Affinity, Reality, Communication - the parts of understanding) the upper triangle is KRC (Knowledge, Responsibility, Control - the elements of success and survival).

Why is scientology so attractive for some people? - It works for them.

Does the average scientologist have any idea what goes on inside the church? - The church is made up of them, so of course they do.

How much does it cost to be a scientologist? - nothing

How does someone who has achieved OT VIII act? - Positive, cheerful, even playful - yet determined, persistent and unflappable.  Compassionate.

Do people blindly follow miscavige? - No.  They acknowledge his position of leadership, and work under his management to complete tasks and projects and work toward goals that Ron expressly laid out.  Some projects Ron laid out have taken literally decades to complete.  Others are ongoing.  If Miscavige were not in line with Ron's explicit direction, as written and spoken while he lived, no one would accept his authority.

What would you like to say about the accusations surrounding the death of Lisa McPherson? - Nothing.

Why are Sea Org members not aloud (allowed) to have kids? They are.  Sea Org living arrangements are dormitory-style.  That is not a suitable environment in which to raise children.  If a Sea Org member has kids, they take a leave from duties within any Sea Org installation to go work at a regular church "out in the world" and raise their children in a rich and stimulating environment until the kids are grown and out on their own.

What is the Rehabilitation Project Force? - I have heard or seen nothing of the RPF since 1983.  I don't know for sure if it is still in existence.  At that time, around the same time my dad was in it, it was a close-knit team activity directed at redemption for people who had screwed up badly enough to be tossed from the Sea Org, but who opted to stay instead.  It was 8 hours of working as a team on projects like renovation, construction, landscaping, cleaning, etc., 5 hours of enhancement (studying and auditing each other), 4 hours of hygiene, laundry, meals, personal time, and a minimum of 7 hours sleep required daily.  If an RPF unit had a particularly good week, they might all go to a movie or some such, together.  It was designed to graduate members after about 60 days.  

Is there really a Church of Spiritual Tech? - That is the non-profit corporation that owns and defends all of the copyrights and intellectual property of Scientology.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton