Scientology/A perfect government quote by LRH

Question
I read a quote by LRH that states that a perfect government will not continue a society. You can find it if you google it. If government were perfect they would not serve any special interest and I would assume that a society would do better not worse. But of course it would not mean that it would discover the cause of human aberration I suppose. And so it would still suffer at the hands of the reactive mind. Whats your take?

Answer
“To salvage a society, it is necessary to aid, abet, raise and increase that state of mind. If you were to set up a perfect government out here which required the intervention of nobody, you would have destroyed the society. But by raising the individual ability of the persons in the society within the framework that they are able to view, raise their ability within the framework they are able to view, you would have achieved a marked advance for that society.”

— L. Ron Hubbard

What he's saying here is that in order for a society to survive, its people must be invested in their government.  It can't just be some distant something that "requires the intervention of nobody."  It has to be the product of the joint action of people who have similar goals, hopes and dreams.

“The whole society is actually running forward and dependent upon the individual goodwill of its citizens: the individual’s desire to better himself, to better his family, to have a little bit better job and a little bit better way to go about things in life. The entire society is dependent upon that state of mind."

If you look at the rest of the quote, the part that came first (and which I listed second) you can see him say in so many words that the society is "dependent upon the individual goodwill of its citizens: the individual’s desire to better himself, to better his family, to have a little bit better job and a little bit better way to go about things in life. The entire society is dependent upon that state of mind."

Hope that helps.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton