Scientology/Viewpoint to assume

Question
QUESTION: What point of view should a thetan assume when initially studying te tone scale? At first glance, a person may see they can control others. This is a hidden intention and becomes covert which immediately places the Attitide at 1.1 (deceiving others). Then if I think I should use it to improve myself, it comes out of being better than others, which immediately puts me at 1.2 ( only my life matters). Thus I'm inclined to think it's useless to use it in any way than just to know what is going to happen next. But what do you think?

Cory

ANSWER: All of Scientology should be studied from the viewpoint of how to improve (not just your own) life.

QUESTION: Yes but I'm asking how does one use it when it's sort of a trap or makes one vulnerable to greed? How do you use the scale? Prediction?

ANSWER: Prediction is one way - especially when looking at things like sensible hiring, choosing one's friends, etc.

It is also an invaluable tool in auditing.

It can be used as a way to understand how to best raise the tone of another.

It can be used to great benefit in raising children, managing an office, participating in a democratic group effort, keeping a marriage healthy, performing before an audience, gauging one's own likelihood of success at an endeavor, etc., etc.

QUESTION: Yes it's good for lots of life situations but my problem and subsequent question is how do we use it like that when it seems to place one at a low level on the scale, simply by using it so to ones advantage. It can't be good to be low toned while using the tone scale to secretly raise a persons tone. Is this bad or good? For example If I use the tone scale to raise someone's tone I'm automatically making myself have fear of being found out. And there is no power of choice in the other person who has his tone raised- it simply gets raised. I see it as possibly unethical although some people should be higher toned, but does this change their decisions or just tone. Is it ethical to control a persons actions by raising their tone? Even prediction of another is weird because it's like a sports athlete using steroids illegally to win the competition, I'm seeing it the same with the tone scale. If I'm wrong here that's fine but I just want to understand what's best.

Answer
How it places one low on the scale escapes me.  A person could have ill intent and want to keep secrets and manipulate people, but that is a characteristic of the person, not of the Tone Scale.

You could attend Dale Carnegie courses and learn things about good manners, making people comfortable and being a good salesman.  Does that make you sneaky or prepared to manipulate people with corrupt intent?  No. It makes you conscious of the ways in which people tell you how they are feeling about something, and makes you better at relating to people.

Same with the Tone Scale, only more accurate.  It's not the fact that a tool exists that "places one at a low level on the scale."  It would be the fact that one was low on the scale that would impel one to misuse WHATEVER knowledge one had, be it knowledge of the tone scale, Dale Carnegie courses, martial arts, driving skill, makeup artistry, etc.  Does the fact that engraving and printing tools and inks exist cause a person to counterfeit?  Does that fact that knives exist turn one into a murderer?  Does having political or financial power mean that abuse of same is inevitable?

ANY ability you have can be used for good or ill.  One studies Scientology with an eye toward the good, because those are the purposes for which it was developed.  If you use it for ill, you will ultimately suffer the consequences, just because that is how the universe, and thetans, work.

And if you are raising someone's tone, there is nothing secret going on.  They are fully aware you are trying to "make them feel better" or "get them over their anger" or "cheer them up."

And if their tone is higher, you don't know WHAT they will do - only that it will be more constructive than if their tone were lower.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton