Scientology/Scientology Questions for a project

Question
To Whom it May Concern,

I was assigned a project for my World Cultures class on religion. I chose the religion Scientology to study. I have a few questions regarding this religion that I can't seem to find anywhere else on the internet. Please don't consider my questions rude in any way and feel free to skip some questions if you do not want to answer them. But, here they are...

1. Do Scientologists have any Sacred Shrines?
2. Do Scientogolists have any rituals or ceremonies? If so, what are they?
3. How is Scientology practiced?
4. What holidays are celebrated , how are they celebrated, and what are their significance?
5. Where do people practice Scientology today?
6. Who practices Scientology?
7. How many people in the world practice Scientology?

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Nikki, A Student

Answer
Hi Nikki,

Ok here goes, I will answer to the best I can here.

No.  The closest is a office reserved for Ron Hubbard in each Church for his use but it is not a shrine.

2. Do Scientologists have any rituals or ceremonies? If so, what are they?

There are, in the church, ceremonies such as marriage, naming and death ceremonies.  All these are in a book called, 'Ceremonies of the Founding Church of Scientology.'

3. How is Scientology practiced?
This is a broad question.  People  undergo training in the philosophy and practice of Scientology.  It is divided into various areas and or levels.  People also practice auditing both giving and receiving.  More information on this can be found in the book, 'Fundamentals of Thought."

4. What holidays are celebrated, how are they celebrated, and what are their significance?

The birthday of L. Ron Hubbard is celebrated but it is not regaqrded as a holiday.  The general holidays of each country are sometimes taken.  i.e. Christmas, Easter, Bank holidays etc. But not in the Church whodonot believe in holidays.

Reputedly in the church but on the basis of information emerging from the church it is unlikely that the original philosophy and practice is done within the church.  It has altered the philosophy to such an extent that the practice no longer resembles Scientology and the church is Scientology in name only.    Most of the original Scientology is practiced by adherents to the original philosophy OUTSIDE of the church.

6. Who practices Scientology?

Scientologists.

Unknown.

If you wish I can send you ebooks of the two books mentioned.

Cheers  

Scientology

Association of Professional Independent Scientologists