Scientology/Addictions

Question
Hi Laurie,

How does Scientology approach drug addiction?  And can the same approach be used to overcome other addictions?

Thank you!

Answer
Scientology approaches the subject of addiction through assisting the person, under medical supervision, to clear toxins and poisons from the system, by helping the person to be better socialized (research indicates social isolation is a strong ingredient in the patterns of addiction), and by teaching the person life skills and communication skills, so that they can better resist falling back into bad habits.

Addictions of all kinds seem to respond to this type of regimen, though it has not been tried on behavioral addictions like gambling addiction or sex addiction.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton