Hi Laurie,

How does Scientology approach drug addiction?  And can the same approach be used to overcome other addictions?

Thank you!

Scientology approaches the subject of addiction through assisting the person, under medical supervision, to clear toxins and poisons from the system, by helping the person to be better socialized (research indicates social isolation is a strong ingredient in the patterns of addiction), and by teaching the person life skills and communication skills, so that they can better resist falling back into bad habits.

Addictions of all kinds seem to respond to this type of regimen, though it has not been tried on behavioral addictions like gambling addiction or sex addiction.

Laurie Hamilton

I am able to answer questions regarding Scientology practices and procedures, religious philosophy, donations, religious rites, management, administrative and staff matters.

I am a second generation Scientologist whose parents began in Dianetics in 1950 and studied directly with L. Ron Hubbard. I have been personally active in the church for nearly 50 years, have eleven years former staff experience in both technical and administrative areas, and extensive technical and administative training and counseling. I am "clear" and "OT." I come from an extended family of many religions, but my spouse and children are Scientologists, as are my siblings and their spouses, several cousins, nieces, nephews, an aunt, and an uncle. Between us we have had every good and bad experience one might go through in the church at every level.

International Association of Scientologists

Over six thousand hours of Scientology technical and administrative training. Fully qualified/certified for fourteen different organizational job descriptions. Ordained minister. Independent study of numerous religions.