Scientology/Tone scale responses

Question
QUESTION: When finding a persons tone level, is it based on what makes them react? Or based on an effect of some sort? Because some people dont respond to things you say with much reality, why is this? Why wouldnt an angry person get along with someone cheerful besides being too high a tone level? I guess being since their reality levels are too different. It must be then just the reality. Can you change an angry persons reality by communicating to them? Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: The three corners of the ARC triangle move together, up or down.  Emotion is in the Affinity corner, so a person's emotional tone level is their affinity level.  Their communication level and their reality level will track with their affinity level.

The only kinds of communication, or of beingness, doingness and havingness that will be real or acceptable to a person will be those that go along with their affinity level.  The only things real to a person at anger will be those things in keeping with his tone.  A person can usually connect with things at, below, or A LITTLE above their tone.

You know a person's tone by what they, themselves, be, do, and have, not by what they react to.  You can see what all the characteristics are that go along with every tone level in the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation, contained in the book Science of Survival.

You can alter a person's tone by communicating with them at a level just a bit above or below their tone, and they will follow you to match the tone you are manifesting.

QUESTION: Ok, ive never heard that you can know a persons tone by what they be, do and have. ive read partially Science of survival. It doesnt say as far as i remeber about be, do and have related to tone. So an angry person would tend to be things like a boxer, and a doctor tone 3.0, a criminal 1.1, etcetera? Thats really cool if it follows up as true. I guess an angry person would have things like weapons, guns, right? What about a 1.1? Prank joke books? Would a magician be considered 1.1 because he decieves people?

Answer
The Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation should clear this up for you completely.

"Be" does not have to be a profession - and there is no solid 1:1 match to "this profession equals that tone level" or vice-versa.  Almost any profession could accommodate almost any tone.  There are angry boxers, cheerful boxers, sneaky boxers, even (to a point) serene boxers.  Get your hands on the chart.  All will be made clear.

In fact, here's a copy of it:  http://www.scientologycourses.org/courses-view/tone-scale/step/the-hubbard-chart

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton