Scientology/Awareness vs Consciousness

Question
Hi Laurie, can you please tell me the difference between, consciousness and awareness?

Answer
They are related.  Some people consider them equivalent.

To my way of thinking, consciousness has to do with taking note of sensory input, or making sense of things.  It involves mental activity.

Awareness, on the other hand, strikes me as being spiritual, and not requiring sensory input or mental activity.  it can be beingness or knowingness without the need for any resort to physical qualities.  Awareness can exist without position in time or space, without motion or wavelength, and without mass, matter, size, input or output.  It can be a static condition.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton