Scifi Movies/blob movies

Tommy wrote at 2008-11-29 08:19:56
I think that the movie you are referring to is "Caltiki The Immortal Monster" 1960. another blob type movie is "The H Man" 1958

Aaron wrote at 2008-12-17 16:11:39
You are probably talking about Caltiki, the Immortal Monster from a year or two after the original Blob movie.

The Sci-Fi Brother wrote at 2009-08-27 06:15:23
The scene being described sounds like it came from the early sixties movie Angry Red Planet which also featured a Blob like creature that ate and dissolved one of the astronauts trying escape it. But wasn't able to get back into the ship in time.

JJ wrote at 2010-02-21 22:49:28
Another possibility is the 1950's Italian movie entitled 'Caltiki the Immortal monster'. It is in black and white and features a gross looking blob thing that divides into multiple blobs and devours people. There is a scene in the movie that closely matches the one you mentioned. Hope this helps.

Donald Sears wrote at 2012-02-03 08:30:39
The Angry Red Planet has a scene something like you are describing where a giant amoeba engulfs one of the astronauts.

searsdon wrote at 2013-06-08 04:43:22
Could be Angry Red Planet with Gerald Mohr and Les Tremayne. One of the characters is consumed by a giant amoeba as they try to get back into the spaceship.

Scifi Movies

Barbara L. Baker

I am a professor of communication at a midwest university, with expertise in film. I can answer most questions on the original "Star Wars" trilogy, and some on the newer trilogy. I also have expertise in general science-fiction film (both history and theory), especially in the United States. For movie titles, I need to have the release date (or a date range, or at least when you saw it). It is better if you note significant, major plot details and characters rather than minor plot events, and it is even better if you can recall an actor or director's name, and if it is a film or TV movie. Plesse do not just provide a set of links to someplace else (e.g. imdb discussion threads). I am less able to answer the following, although I will do my best to track down an answer for you--recent SF films, horror films, or made-for-TV movies. Most SF films from other countries are out of my areas of expertise. In addition, I cannot answer questions about animated SF films, anime/manga, television series or shows, or about film collectables. Nor will I answer obvious homework (although I will point you to resources to help answer the question, if asked). I also can't help you find movie stars, movie memorabilia, or tell you how to break into the business.

Coursework in science-fiction and fantasy films, plus teaching courses in the subject for several years; I've also conducted research into SF and fantasy films and TV.

Ph.D. in Communication, with emphasis on film and rhetoric.

A dissertation award from a national organization and various paper awards.

My students.