Scifi Movies/60's, 70's, 80s Sci Fi shows

WndBlwnSnw wrote at 2013-12-25 12:23:36
Question asked above.....Man uses electric current from a broken light socket of a lamp to keep an alien from taking over his body.

Answer....."The Aliens Are Coming" (1980). I remember an actor from Barney Miller (Max Gail) was in it, then cross referenced it to the name of the movie. I remembered seeing it in the mid 1980s which was probably when you also saw it. We actually liked it and always wondered what the name was.  

WndBlwnSnw wrote at 2013-12-25 12:41:18
Here is a YouTube clip of "The Aliens are coming" showing the exact scene you refer to. A man in a motel room staves off an alien with 100 volt shock from a broken lamp. Hover Dam is mentioned in this movie. nearly 30 years I've wanted to see this movie again.

jm wrote at 2016-10-06 00:25:42
Mot sure when you posted #1 = "The Aliens Are Coming" (1980) but I noticed i posted this question 7 years ago and wanted to drop a note that was the correct movie! Awesome! Itw as exaclty what I rembered

Now if I can ever figure out what #2 and #3 where lol...

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: