Scifi Movies/70's sapce movie

Theresa bizarre wrote at 2009-06-26 13:22:30
Into infinity(the day after tomorrow. 1975. By gerry anderson. Stars nick tate joanna dunham brian blessed. Lightship altares. Einstiens theory etc doppler effect explored

Theresa bizarre wrote at 2009-06-26 13:22:32

Kirokk wrote at 2009-08-31 18:56:27
I do not see the answer that Kerry found(after much diligent work I might add), so here is what he sent me.  Again Thanks!

Did you read this: Theresa bizarre wrote at 2009-06-26 13:22:32   "Into Infinity(the day after tomorrow)" (1975) By Gerry Anderson. Stars: Rick Tate, Joanna Dunham, Brian Blessed. Lightship Altares. Einstiens theory etc. Doppler effect explored.

Dr. Smith wrote at 2009-11-27 16:04:15
I was trying to find out about this show also, when I stumbled upon this website.  I remember this as being some sort of After School special.  I think it was after 73 but before Star Wars.  I cannot find anything remotely resembling it looking at the titles of AS Specials.  I am a 42 year old male and should not care one iota about this, but now I am really whacking my brain and I too want to know the answer.  Hope someone finds it for us.

MichaelH wrote at 2009-12-02 17:18:16
I have been looking for this movie as well. It was a made for TV movie, that appeared on NBC. It has only been shown twice in my life time. Eventhough I can't remember the name, I do remember that just before each commercial break, Einsteins theorem E=mc2 would appear, written on a black/green board. Would that help?

JHNichols wrote at 2009-12-16 22:34:25
I may have found it!  After looking for this same show I ran across this show that seems to match.

"NBC Special Treat" Into Infinity

Here are a couple links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow_(TV_special)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074690/plotsummary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxdss9dmXE

Hope this helps.

Doctor wrote at 2011-03-19 01:37:57
I also remember the movie ... but cannot recall the name ... I've been "haunted" for years wanting to rediscover it.

MannyR wrote at 2011-03-24 01:56:59
I remember that movie on channel 4 or 2 in NY around 1976.

It was a space ship and it had a long tube in the middle and when the did the jump once or two of the crew were trapped in the middle of it. That's all I remember and it's killing me

Something, Days, Running (It wasn't an episode, it was a movie)And It wasn't Salient Running  

Manny wrote at 2011-03-24 02:04:43
This was a *Gerry Anderson film (*creator of Thunderbirds, Space 1999 etc.) film called:

"Into Infinity" (1975)

[a.k.a - "NBC Special Treat: Into Infinity" a.k.a - "NBC Special Treat: The Day After Tomorrow"]

Plot:

"The spaceship Altares, with a photon drive capable of accelerating it to the speed of light, leaves an Earth-orbiting space station. The Altares crew, two families of scientific specialists, journey at light speed with time-dilation to Alpha Centauri, where they launch several satellites to transmit information on the Centauri star system back to Earth and guide future manned vessels in exploring the region. The crew decides to proceed further into unknown space, and the Altares becomes caught in the gravitational field of a black hole, through which the Altares passes and is thrust into another universe!"  

Neil wrote at 2012-06-14 13:13:02
I have been looking for this film as well ... and been frustrated by the lack of information the internet seems to hold on it. My memory is that it was a made for television film. I remember it being quite informative in nature (exploring such phenomenon as red and blue shifting of objects as you approach light speed). I recall the ending of them emerging into the new part of the universe through the white hole and approaching a planet. For some reason I thought John Rhys Davies was one of the actors involved, but his IMDB doesn't list anything along these lines. I will keep looking and report back here if I find anything!

susan faust wrote at 2012-06-24 23:42:10
Into infinity, the day after tomorrow, this is what you have seen!. It was part of an 8 episode weekly special called special treat. It was to educate children on different subjects. Basically its a 50 minute episode about einstiens theory of relativity. Two familys crew the lightship altaires that travels at the speed of light. And theyre adventures, culminating in being dragged into a black hole, made by fabulous gerry anderson between season 1 and 2 of space 1999, it stars nick tate, joanna dunham, and sports great effects, war filmed 1976. Look it up. Susan, holywood, county down northern ireland.

susan faust wrote at 2012-06-24 23:42:20

jay wrote at 2012-06-25 00:08:24
Ps, I just noticed a girl called theresa bizzare atually gave the correct answer to this first back in 2009! to be seemingly ignored? lol..how Bizzare!, she was spot on!, but i guess men just can't hear a woman even when she's right lol.

popeye33 wrote at 2013-03-16 17:21:57
the movie u want is called "into infinity,the day after tomorrow" its a gerry anderson production

william wrote at 2013-05-12 18:17:16
i believe your answer was on ABC after school specials, was looking for it myself but couldnt find it, but did remember it being on that channel, sorry cant help anymore than that, but please if you find it let me know where, would love to watch it again  

Byron Flint wrote at 2014-07-25 16:56:46
I too remember a movie like the one described, and have also been trying to find it. One of the cast members was Tracy Stratford. It seemed to me like it may have been a Disney movie, or and after school special about a group of young people selected to be the crew of a space ship that was supposed to be able to travel at 99% of the speed of light. It had a special new drive to enable this, as well as a computer that was so cutting edge, that there were no others like it, but it had no weapons. It couldn't use the star drive until they were at a certain position outside our solar system, and along the way to this position, they had all kinds of adventures like meeting space pirates and technology traders, and rescuing stranded space solders. One of which helped them to rig two weapons. A rail gun, and a solar powered laser. The former was used against an attempted pirate raid, and the laser was used when they found out the mission they thought they were on was a farce. The ship was really to be the near light speed drive, and super computer of a much bigger ship that this one would fit into like a puzzle. After shooting and damaging the bigger ship, they had to flee using their star drive, but had no idea where they ended up. Some kind of a strong gravity grabbed them, and they fired some kind of navigation laser which curved, and entered a black hole which is what they were caught in. They tried to escape and failed. They entered into the black hole and emerged through the other side, and that's when the movie ended.  

Kerry wrote at 2014-08-16 01:29:10
Once again everyone...

"Into Infinity" (1975)

Kerry

Scifi Movies

Kerry