Scifi Movies/1980's Sci-Fi made for TV hockey Movie

I saw a movie back in the early 80's, (maybe 83/84), that I believe was made for TV. It was a sci-fi sports film , took place in the future. The plot centered around a game, similar to hockey, but the sticks they used had blades on both ends. the main character was a veteran in the league, set in his own ways. One of the rival teams was developing a exo-skeleton suit that would increase the speed/strength/skill of the player wearing it. In the end the veteran has to take on the guy in the suit and they battle it out, of course the veteran is the winner. The only other thing I remember is that he was given a new helmet to wear, something that was supposed to improve his accuracy. He ditched it in the end though going back to his old standard helmet. Minor detail but I thought I'd add it anyway.

Now It's been about 25 years, so I'm sure some details may be off slightly. To be honest, I could have dreamed the whole thing and my brain has now morphed it into something I've mistaken as a real memory. Through a change conversation about 15 years ago a friend told he he thought he remembered it too though, so I'm pretty sure it really happened. He even thought that it was called "The Breeds". He could have just been BS'n me though.

Hello Joe

There is a TV movie called "Futuresport" (1998) Dean Cain

It was "inspired by the classic "Rollerball"(1975) Norman Jewison

(which was remade: "Rollerball 2002" John McTiernan)

Similar films:

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome  (1985, George Ogilvie, George Miller)    
The Running Man  (1987, Paul Michael Glaser)  
The Blood of Heroes (1989)
Hope this helped.

Updated: Generation (1985)

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: