Scifi Movies/70's sci fi

Lucas wrote at 2009-06-27 20:04:48
It could also be a TV movie called GenGenesis II. It was a 1973 TV movie created and produced by Gene Roddenberry, starring Alex Cord and Mariette Hartley. It is the story of a 20th century man thrown forward in time, to a post-apocalyptic future, by an accident in suspended animation.

candyman wrote at 2012-02-18 19:00:00
the tile was "Genesis II", a man named dylan hunt wakes up in 2133 among PAX (the descendants of scientists alive today)and mutants with two navels that use "stims" the flute-like devices that cause pain.

ApeManFan wrote at 2012-05-01 08:52:28
This might also have been "Beneath the Planet of the Apes," with an astronaut (James Franciscus) who's been sent to the future to find Taylor (Charlton Heston) from "Planet of the Apes."

He journeys to the "Forbidden Zone" where Taylor has disappeared, and discovers a society of telepathic mutant humans living below ground in the former subway tunnels of New York City. They wear robes and worship a nuclear bomb, and when they stare creepily to use their mental powers, strange musical notes like a flute sound.

maillegnome wrote at 2013-07-27 15:21:39
Im trying to find out this answer as well, it was not Buck Rogers, but more info of what I remember.  The "flutes" I think were called "stems", ornate cattle prods basically.  I remember the robed women had 2 navels... very seductive for the 70s tv shows.  There was another organization that was called PAX that were the "rebels".  Still looking for the name of the show though.

maillegnome wrote at 2013-07-27 15:30:39
Found it! It was called Genesis II

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064366/?ref_=sr_1

Scifi Movies

Kerry