Scifi Movies/old-late '70s or early '80s movie

thunder955 wrote at 2010-07-02 04:13:32
I am also looking for this same movie. I seem to remember every so often a black shadow comes over the land and everyone stops and looks up. After the shadow leaves everyone goes back to the same thing they were doing before.  

Erich wrote at 2013-05-31 20:24:33
I remember this movie too.  What prompted my recollection of this is the upcoming "Under the Dome" mini-series.

The move was 'The Bubble' from 1966.

BennyB wrote at 2013-07-15 13:37:41
Sir -

I am glad that I am not the only one who remembers this movie.  I saw it as a boy as well and cannot, for the life of me, remember the movie title.  I remember the airplane in the storm, the odd-acting townspeople, and the burrowing part.  I vividly remember a woman asking the people for "tickets", apparently because she worked at the local amusement park.  If anyone comes up with the title of this movie, PLEASE post it here.  Thanks.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: