Scifi Movies/Kids/teen Sci-fi Tv show, Early 90's

I recently had a conversation with a work colleague about various shows we used to watch as kids...a vague flashback sprang to mind but very sketchy on details.
I recall it being shown in the UK during the early 90's, futuristic, with some (if not predominantly) Australian/NZ cast. There were some teens being pursued around by a bounty hunter/army guy/dirty cyber cop who's name was something like LaRouche...Fartoosh (muscly, stocky guy with a husky voice) who had piercings and tattoos I believe (& a shaven head). While he was pursuing them he was wearing black post-apocalyptic SWAT gear...but at some point he got locked-up & was rehabilitated (or had a chip implanted to stop his aggression) then started wearing white casual wear. I think the kids had something special or valuable that he wanted.
I thought it was the Tomorrow People rebirth but I don't think it is now.
I believe the DeRouche or whatever his name was actor portrayed a bad guy in Betty's Bunch...but if so, his Imdb has no pic, which is my only way of identifying him.

I know that's not a whole bunch to go on but anything you can do would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Chris

I don't know for sure off-hand what this tv series is you are loking for, though I may be able to find it for you. Being from New Zealand I do recall a few Australian/NZ kids Sci-Fi shows like Children from the Dog Star and Parallax etc.. I will have a look and see if I can pin point the show yo are looking for. Sorry I can't be of more help at this time. I will get back to you if I find something ASAP.

Update: Girl From Tomorrow (1991)

Bad guy Silverthorn (John Howard)

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: