Scifi Movies/Movie find

Question

I was thinking about a movie I saw a long time ago....in the 60's or 70's, the movie may have been from the 50's. What sticks in my memory are very large robots or machines/spacecraft that acted like robots. 50 to 100 ft high..... These were hugh cube shaped robots, no arms or anything on the sides, just a smooth silver finish all around. They had 4 or 6 very large legs that would stomp straight up and down, destroying things it its path. Think there was some type of death ray on the top. It was B/W.
That's all I can remember...was there ever anything like this???
Thanks for your memory.
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave

The robot you described sounds a lot like Kronos from the film: " Kronos: Ravager of Planets (1957) (aka Kronos)"
It was an alien robot, cube-shaped, with antennas on stop and had four piston-like leg actions as it moved and a death ray.

I hope this is the film you are looking for.

Regards

Kerry

Scifi Movies

Kerry