Scifi Movies/Journalist question

Hi, Kerry: I am writing a story about exotic money/payment systems from science fiction. Could you possibly suggest a few? Thank you!

Hello Jay

One of my favourite Sci-fi films to use a fictional financial system was in the film "In Time " (2011) (a film that uses the concept of 'time is money')

"In the year 2169, genetic alteration has allowed humanity to stop aging physically at 25. Once one turns 25, the clock implanted in their forearms, starts counting down from 1 year. "Living time" has also replaced the world currency systems, allowing individuals to buy services and products with their "Living time"; When this clock reaches zero, one dies. The film focuses on two "Time Zones": Dayton, a poor zone where almost all live on day-to-day and are stingy with their money and where many die in the district daily and; New Grenich, where the extremely wealthy citizens enjoy the benefits of youth and wealth as well as an abundance of body guards to protect their time." - Wikipedia

In "Starship Troopers" (1997) there is a special payment of "privileges"-
In the Federation citizenship is not a birthright, but a privilege earned by those who serve society through such activities as military service; citizens are granted many opportunities prohibited to non-citizens

There is also an interesting, (comical almost) political and financial system used in the film "Demolition Man" (1993)

Here is a Wikipedia page of fictional currencies:

Here is a page on Fictional Currencies:

(This page should lead you to further fiction)

Other links:

Financial Fiction Genre:

Political ideas in Science fiction:

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: