Scifi Movies/old B&W movie

QUESTION: "I hope you can help! While I was in school ( I'm 50 now and I was in grade school when I saw this) Our teacher showed a movie that we watched segments of over several days. It had male & female astronauts that journeyd to a planet that took a couple of months to get to-I remember the movie showed a calendar changing months to show how long the journey took. There was a crater that made a "machine sound" and blinked light from it. Well, the men on this planet looked like humans except they had six fingers. The aliens tried to keep the humans/I think they took a couple prisoner. The "aliens" where all dressed in black uniforms and when one of them tried to board the ship, pretending to be one of the astronauts-he was recognized as an alien when he adjusted his helmet because the he was observed through binoculars as having six fingers. Can you remember such a movie?" I've been searching for this movie for years-it would be fantastic if you can help!!

ANSWER: Debbie,
Very sorry, but I have not been able to find out which movie this is. Perhaps it might be an episode of a TV show?

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: It Might be.  I always assumed it was a you know of any tv show that it could be?

There were a good deal of black&white sci-fi TV shows in the '50s and '60s, such as The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Tales of Tomorrow and One Step Beyond. The two first were the longest and most well-known, so if it's a TV show I would guess it is one of those. But I'll let you know if I find out exactly.

- Tue Sorensen

Scifi Movies

Tue Sorensen

I am a life-long fan of science fiction in all forms, but especially in movies. I have a very good overview of science fiction movies from the '60s and forward, incl. the very recent. Movies in black&white (from the '50s and earlier) is my weakness, but I am trying to educate myself more and more in those movies as well. I can also answer questions about science fiction in general and in books. I'm not strong on old TV shows; my forte is definitely movies.

Besides my life-long hobby and enthusiasm for SF, I have been a leading member of a local SF fan society since 2003 (chairman from 2006-2009), and written more than a hundred SF movie reviews. I am also a contributor for various review websites (incl., but not limited to, IMDb and Amazon).

Publications (Danish)

I have studied biology, English and history, incl. a number of media courses.