Scifi Movies/Please help me with a movie title (:-0>

I wonder if you would please help me with the title of a movie? The plot is about a young man who unknowingly changes reality is being treated by a psychiatrist . To secure peace he creates an alien take-over by creatures that look like turtles on two legs. To eliminate racism, because his girlfriend is black, he makes everyone gray. At the end, the psychiatrist discovers the young man developed this power as a response to a nuclear war and attempts to use the young man for his own nefarious purposes. I don't know if this was a movie or made for TV. The psychiatrist was played by someone like Patrick Macnee or Patrick McGoohan.
Thank you for any help you could offer!

Hi PapaFrank

The TV film you are looking for is called "The Lathe of Heaven" (1980), based on the novel by Ursula K. Le Guin.

Bruce Davison plays George Orr, who has reality warping powers through his dreams. Margaret Avery plays Heather LaLeche, a black civil rights lawyer,that get's turned grey along with the rest of the population by Orr.

It is one of the gems of science fiction entertainment.

I hope this has helped.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: