Scifi Movies/Mr Perfect

Question
Is there a name for the fictional scenario where robots deem us very flawed humans a threat to ourselves and take away our freedom of self government.

Answer
Hi JJ

There are a few terms associated with this scenario of what has been referred to as the 'robot uprising'...

When a computer or AI becomes self aware or sentient it is called a "Technological Singularity"

Which is described as this...

"a theoretical moment in time when AI (artificial intelligence) will have evolved, advanced or progressed to a stage or the point of a greater-than-human intelligence that will "radically change human civilization, and perhaps even human nature itself."

Some fear what is called a "Cybernetic-revolt", where AI or 'machines' decide that the greatest threat on humanity is themselves and therefore lack sufficient logic to know what is best for their own existence or may decide it is no longer logical for humanity to exist.

A machine, computer or AI deciding that humanity is deemed unfit to determine their own destiny or governance upon planet earth could be considered unofficially as "Techno-anthropic deprivation" , "Predetermined Deprivation of Governance" or "Logistical Deprivation of Liberty".

Many actually believe that it is only a matter of time before " the singularity" occurs,from 2030 to 2050. There are lot of people who also fear and believe in some kind of "global cybernetic deprivation of humanity" or robot take over as seen in films like Terminator with "Skynet", I'Robot and other such Science Fiction genre.

I hope this has helped in some way.

Regards

Kerry  

Scifi Movies

Kerry