Scifi Movies/Looking for a Sci Fi Movie / TV Series

QUESTION: Dear Kerry,

Season's Greetings! I am looking for the name of a sci-fi movie series I saw on HBO (relayed from Pakistan). I am not sure, but I think I saw it approximately 4-5 years ago. When HBO shown that movie it was in two parts and the have shown it back to back.

The story line was based on human race not respecting the planet earth due to which one important element (or chemical) gets extinguished, which creates a lot of problems for people on earth much later.

The answer to this issue has been provided by someone in the movie in a space ship (I am not sure) and left clue via a sign. I liked it very much; however, I do not remember HBO showing this movie again.

Can you please give me a few names. I will check through the internet. I really want to watch it once again.

Lucky Sharma

ANSWER: Hi L Sharma

Can you tell me if this was a live action film. Did this film have any aliens in it or well known actors? Would you say the film was American or British etc?

I will begin searching for matches now.

QUESTION: Dear Kerry,

Season's Greetings!

I do not remember much about the movie. All I remember is that the clue for the element was in form of a sign similar to Movie "Thor".

I am assuming it was an American film (I could be wrong), and could be made in last decade.

Hope this help; and I will look forward to hear from you on possible matched.

Lucky Sharma

Okay, thanks, I will rule out the obvious:

City of Ember

The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake)

The knowing

The idea of the " required element" to save earth trope sounds familiar.
Could it be a made for TV film?

I will do a bit of a search and see what I can find and get back to you.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: