Scifi Movies/Short sci-fi film

I am looking for a short (20-25 minutes) sci-fi/fantasy film dating from the end of the 70s/beginning of the 80s.

The plot was a bout a group (tribe) of people who live underground and their lifespan is only one week (the first day a man is a baby, at the seventh day he is an old man). They have a prophecy saying that if someone succeeds in the course of his life (one week time-frame) to break to the surface and send sunlight to his people, they will have a normal life and he will get 10,000 days of life on the surface.
The people prepare a young boy and send him off to the surface. The trip is full of traps one including the boy having to jump over a cliff and holding onto withdrawing bridge. At the end, the boy who has by then grown into young man must defeat an apelike creature in a sort of laser chess game.

The film ends with the adult and fully bearded man breaking into surface and sending the light through a system of mirrors back to his people. He looks around him at the sky, grass, trees, and animals and asks himself which of the 10,000 days will be the most beautiful answering to his own question by exclaiming “Every day, every hour, every minute!”

Hello Sedi,

Yes, I know this. It is based on a Ray Bradbury story. The film is called Quest, and can be seen on Youtube:

Here is the IMDb link:

- Tue Sorensen

Scifi Movies

Tue Sorensen

I am a life-long fan of science fiction in all forms, but especially in movies. I have a very good overview of science fiction movies from the '60s and forward, incl. the very recent. Movies in black&white (from the '50s and earlier) is my weakness, but I am trying to educate myself more and more in those movies as well. I can also answer questions about science fiction in general and in books. I'm not strong on old TV shows; my forte is definitely movies.

Besides my life-long hobby and enthusiasm for SF, I have been a leading member of a local SF fan society since 2003 (chairman from 2006-2009), and written more than a hundred SF movie reviews. I am also a contributor for various review websites (incl., but not limited to, IMDb and Amazon).

Publications (Danish)

I have studied biology, English and history, incl. a number of media courses.