Scifi Movies/sci fi movie black and white

Question
I remember a movie as a kid that was in black and white. The plot took place on earth and the discovery of aliens beneath the ground/city. Very suspenseful and you rarely saw the aliens. A ship was discovered and I somehow the aliens being insect form. At the end a giant alien (looks like ant but taller than a telephone pole?) breaks from the ground and is either electrocuted or emanating. Any idea? I've searched almost every online old movie archive and not found.

Answer
Hi Vernon

I am pretty sure the film you are looking for is "Quatermass and the Pit" (1967)

It's US title is "Five Million Years to Earth"

It is a British science fiction horror film made by Hammer Film Productions and is a sequel to the earlier Hammer films The Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass 2. Like its predecessors it is based on a BBC Television serial Quatermass and the Pit written by Nigel Kneale.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Regards

Kerry

Scifi Movies

Kerry