Scifi Movies/Back to the future

Back to the Future: Marty’s parents’ bad memory – Even though Marty is only in 1955 for a week, he plays a pretty pivotal role in his future parents’ lives. It stands to reason, then, that they would remember him pretty well, don’t you think? Now, I’m not George McFly, but most men would probably have a few questions if one of their children grew up to look exactly like a friend from high school that their wife dated briefly.

Hi Avi

I am not sure what the question is here but I agree with your evaluation of the plot hole in regards to Marty's parents not recognizing him.

It seems George and Lorraine were not the only ones who seemed to have not recognized the resemblance... Biff, Mr Strickland, Marty’s family etc. looks identical to that kid who went to Hill Valley High School for a week in 1955 and who sung at the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance.

George should be quizzing Lorraine why she had a baby that grew up looking just like the guy she dated at high school.

As one commentator speculated: "Maybe George accused Lorraine of having an affair or Lorraine struggles to figure out if she got drunk in 1969 and had a one night stand with that Calvin Klein fella."

Of course this dilemma along with several other conundrums, like the parallel dimensions created by Marty (depending on ones interpretation on sci-fi quantum physics and space-time anomalies), like Marty never ever seeing his original parents he had left in the first instance and them forever mourning for their never to return again son. Something you would think Doc Brown would have told Marty about atleast.

You have to admit though, even with the constant plot holes that come with time travel films, these movies were good enough to over look in terms of enjoyment and fun.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: