Scifi Movies/sci-fi from the 90's

Question
QUESTION: It's been some time now that i am trying to find a classic sci-fi(for me) from a while back....the 90's to be precise.I remember it has a known actor from the 90's...and if i remember correctly it goes like this:There's a family of a father and a daughter.The mother of the girl died a while back...There's a woman who appears in their life and this woman is an alien but she has human form( i believe she even looks like the dead mother).The woman tries to help the girl unleash her potential(something that has to do with energy and telekinesis...can't remember exactly.The alien has some training sessions with the girl and tells the girl that her mother had also the gift.I dunno how but the U.S. army starts to follow them in order to get that power to the military.I remember that the alien woman compares us to the savage barbarians compared to their level of civilisation.The alien woman has an invisible spaceship with translucent cockpit something like earth final conflict alien spaceship controls.In the end of the movie the woman reveals her true form wich is somekind of translucent being of light.Also something about bringing back the grandfather who was taken a while back....but dressed like in 1945 and young.happy endings anyways.American movie for sure.Apreciate your help in finding the title.Thank's in advance.

ANSWER: Hello Julian,

Off-hand, it sounds a lot like "My Stepmother is an Alien" from 1988: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095687/reference

Please write back if this is not the one, and I will do my best to help you further.

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: Hi.I'm afraid it's not such a well known movie...In the "my stepmother is  an alien" movie the alien woman(Kim Basinger) is coming here to distroy the planet with her computer bag because of the signal sent by the father into space.And in this movie the girl,was afraid of the stepmother and didn't have any powers.
In the movie i'm asking about the girl has to do something with the evolving human kind and that girl was not afraid of the alien woman and there's no comedy whatsoever involved.The alien spaceship in my movie ..they are actually using and it's really close to the one from Earth Final Conflict...using the hands to controle the screen .Also,Kim Basinger doesn't take different form and stays on the planet with Dan Akroyd never showing a different form.

ANSWER: Julian,

All right, after some digging, I've come up with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Visitor

Might this be the one?

- Tue Sorensen

QUESTION: Its very close to the plot of this movie,but the thing is the one im talking about its not about flaws of the human race but more about potential of the girl thus the potential of human race.There is no grandmother involved....and its surely Hollywood production.The alien has energy powers with telekinesis but no God like powers like transportation through whirlwind, she is using her spaceship...to travel on the surface of the planet.At some point i even remember the spaceship is struck down.Thank you!

Answer
Julian,

Okay, I have another suggestion:

Starlight: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117734/reference

Frankly, I don't think this is the right one, either, but it's worth a shot. Let me know.

If it's not the right one, I'll keep looking - I haven't given up! :-)

- Tue Sorensen

Scifi Movies

Tue Sorensen