Scifi Movies/old sci-fi movie name

I remember watching a sci-fi/horror type movie many years ago, (we thnk it was the late 70's, early 80's) with my cousin.  Neither one of us can remember the name of it.  We think it was black and white.  The creatures in the movie had some sort of electric current, it glided along the floor and was shaped like a large tortoise type shell, and had a long neck.  We think when the movie actors tried to kill it (or cut it in half) it just kept on going.We only rememaber bits and pieces of the movie, but we think there was some sort of underground lab.  Can you help?   I tried goggling the creatures image but had no luck.

Hi Laurie

Can I just ask a few questions? Was the creature some type of alien creature? Were there more than one? I remember I creature like that in the film "Tingler" but it sounds different to the description. I also remember answering a question similar to this that I have been looking over old answers but haven't found it. There was a snail-like creature with a long suction tentacle, they were called something I am trying to remember the name of starting with "S". If I find out anymore I will get back to you.

Regards Kerry

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: