Scifi Movies/please need help been looking for this movie for 6 years

Question
Ok I saw this movie on TV in 1996 I was 11 so I don't remember the name b t I remember the movie like I just saw it. It started with them talking about a war that happened and then a meitor hit the planet and the only thing that they could do to save the human race was to send a group of children to space in ships but one child on each and the ship had to be the same sex male to male and female to female when a female was of age which was 18 the ship would scope out a male ship and the male and the female would have sex and make a child and they would have to stay together until she got pregnant then what ever the sex was the child would stay with that sex and the male or female would raise the child til 5-6 and then the ship would kill the adult and raise the child and it would just go on til on ship died and I was the female ship that died and she told the guy they killed his and they went off together looking for the others

Answer
Hello Cassandra,

Sorry to take so long in replying as I am having trouble receiving notifications in my e-mail inbox.

I will have a look and see what I can find with this film.

Would you say it was a made for TV film?
I am wondering if it was an 80s film shown in the 90s or a recemt film at the time you saw it around 1994, 95 or 96. It did remind me of the 1988 film "Earthstar Voyager". If you remember anymore details about the film it would greatly help, like actors, what the ships looked like or any other details. Robots or aliens involved?

I will get back to you when I have something.

Regards.

Kerry

Scifi Movies

Kerry