Scifi Movies/Looking for an animated science fiction movie

Hi Kerry!
I saw your very good answer at
so you are my expert of choice!

For years I am looking for an animated science fiction cartoon I saw more then 10 (maybe 15) years ago. I google really hard with all kinds of key words, but I just could not find it... I really hope you can help me.
I think I didn't see much of the movie and I can only remember one scene, but it burned into my brain and I think it is very characteristic. I knowmy memory is very vague but it is worth a try...

I am quite sure that it was not made for children, because of the strange and irritating atmosphere. I can remember that there was a crew (of a space ship?) and some kind of hole or abyss. This hole is kind of alive and needs pure souls. Usually somehow people with "pure souls" are thrown into the hole. The specific scene I can remember is at the end of the movie. In this scene a female member of the crew, which apparently did some bad things in the movie, sacrifices herself to safe the rest of the crew. She jumped into this hole and because she doesn't have a pure soul this first irritates and then "kills" this mysterious hole.

Thank you very much for your help,

Hello Christopher

I would like to look into this for you and go through some of my sci-fi animated lists but I just wanted to make sure it is definitely a film we are looking for?

The plot does remind me of the animated film series "Bleach" (based on the Japanese anime TV series)which were in the early 2000s.

I will dig a little deeper for you and see what I can find.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: