Scifi Movies/Looking for a film

I am trying to find a movie i saw once as a kid. It had a group of people being persued by and invisible monster. Everything it touched simply vanished. I remember that they escaped in the end by running through an airport and flying off in a plane. please help!

Hello Jennifer,

The first thing that occurs to me from your description is the Stephen King mini-series "The Langoliers" from 1995:

Do you think this could be the one?

If not, I'll need more description. When did you see it (closest decade)? Was it color or black&white? Could it have been a TV show? Did it feature a lot of special effects? Do you remember any of the characters?

Check out "The Langoliers", though - I think that's probably the one you're looking for.

- Tue Sorensen

Scifi Movies

Tue Sorensen

I am a life-long fan of science fiction in all forms, but especially in movies. I have a very good overview of science fiction movies from the '60s and forward, incl. the very recent. Movies in black&white (from the '50s and earlier) is my weakness, but I am trying to educate myself more and more in those movies as well. I can also answer questions about science fiction in general and in books. I'm not strong on old TV shows; my forte is definitely movies.

Besides my life-long hobby and enthusiasm for SF, I have been a leading member of a local SF fan society since 2003 (chairman from 2006-2009), and written more than a hundred SF movie reviews. I am also a contributor for various review websites (incl., but not limited to, IMDb and Amazon).

Publications (Danish)

I have studied biology, English and history, incl. a number of media courses.