Scifi Movies/looking for movie

I saw a tv show or movie back in the 60s or 70s where a group at college had a time travel machine or portal where they went into the future where the world had experienced an atomic war and we saw the aftermath. it was more like a window into the future they had to step into. on the other side they were able to come back where they retrieved something before going back to the future and closing the time portal for good. was wondering if you remember this? thanks!!

Hello Susan

There are a few possibilities for this assuming it is not an episode from a TV series like Twilight Zone or Outer Limits...

Some films it could be are:

Time Travelers (1964)

Journey to the Center of Time (1967)

Idaho Transfer (1973)

Have a look at some of these trailers or reviews and see what you think. If it is not any of these I will look again for you.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: