Scifi Movies/The Matrix

Why do we need a Matrix?  I'm not talking about Matrix the movie.  I'm talking about Matrix the idea, the idea inside the movie.  If the computers feed off of people energy while they're asleep then why create The Matrix at all?  Why not just let them dream, or make them brain dead, or lobotomize them or something?

Hi Avi

That is a good question. I guess we all perceive the machines as the bad guys in the film and therefore the option for mankind seems logical, however what if the machines are not evil and they only want to exist and this is the best possible outcome for mankind they could come up with without resorting to your solution. Maybe they just want to exist but will do whatever is needed to also survive. Some of the machines or programs in the matrix seem to care or help the humans

In a way they have let them just dream, but the Matrix has allowed them to study our minds better and also monitor any anomalies that could cause problems with the whole process.

Perhaps their own sentience is also stimulated by the minds of mankind, as the machines were once tools to be used by mankind now the humans are the tools to power the machines and co-exist.

I think the state of the body would keep and perform better in it's most active state and it seems they are using " processing power" from the mind rather electrical from the body. In a comatose state the brain will probably break down more than if the body was behaving as if it were still functioning from day to day in the usual way. Maybe they tried other options and this was the best.

Another question is why not use animals instead? That's why I think they need to be inside our minds for some reason.

Also it fits conveniently in to the plot ofcourse.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: