Scifi Movies/Trying to find an early '80s android movie - was a pilot

QUESTION: I remember seeing an interesting android movie in the early eighties. Trying to find it but to no avail. Interested to hear any ideas.

Set in 'modern day'. Scientist invent robot that learns for itself. Looks like normal adult male. It escapes and goes on the run. Eventually it absorbs all the worlds knowlege and can look after itself. Military wants it back for a weapon.

Was a pilot for a tv series that was never made. Around the same time as Greatest American Hero. I remember reading an interview with Juanita Bartlett in some scifi magazine, she said ABC was doing a lot of things and just couldn't pick it up for a series.

Lead actor was a bit taller than average, played a lot of small parts on TV, I think he was a red-head type, very fair skin

Short Circuit was made in 1986 and there was a film with an android called

"Not Quite Human" (1987) Not sure if it was this but if not I will check through my lists again.

Revised:   Hi Greg, what about the film "Prototype" (1983)?

QUESTION: Not a question, I finally found the answer.

It was the Questor Tapes (1974). Actor was Robert Foxworth. Apparently the movie was a bit older than i thought.

Prototype does look like a movie i might see if i can find on Netflix.

thx for the efforts.

Ah The Questor Tapes yes,I should have suggested it, by Gene Roddenberry. I answered that for others a few times before too but I was looking for a movie in the 80's but I know it is hard to pin point the dates of films if you don't know when they are made.

The pilot was to be the start of a 13 episode TV series.

Apparently the Questor android was the inspiration for  Gene Roddenberry when he later created Data for Star Trek: TNG. There is plans to  remake it as the TV series.

Always here to help if I can.

Take care.

Scifi Movies

I have been a sci-fi fan all my life, and can answer virtually any questions on Fictional robots, cyborgs,androids,computers and CG life forms from movies, comics, TV etc.., I am currently writing an A-Z guide of robots, androids, cyborgs etc. I have collected sci-fi robots and action figures since I was a child and have over 5000 action figures to date. I have a vast knowledge base of Sci-fi movies and characters and the actors who have played various sci-fi and superhero related characters. I can also answer questions on Marvel comics related characters, especially the Avengers. If a fictional character has been played by more than one actor I can tell you all the actors who have played that character, where they appeared and what year.

I am writing a book on Sci-fi robotic characters, which contains some 1'200 entires aswell as another book entitled "List of actors who played", listing fictional characters and the various actors who have played them. I have collected and read untold sci-fi related books,comics,toys,figurines and movies.

I am a member of various Sci-Fi clubs, Forums on the internet and Sc-fi related events.

I have posted many top 10 sci-fi related lists on forums like friends circle and other comic and sci-fi related forums. Lists include: My Top 20 Sci-Fi Robots of all time, List of Actors who played: Dr Who, Superman, Batman etc, etc, aswell as answering questions on various other forums relating to Science Fiction, Fantasy and comic book subjects.

I believe if there was a phd in Science Fiction I would have it. I have won many trivia events relating to to this subject and come 2nd and 3rd in general knowledge because of my knowledge in this field.

Well I am hoping the Books I am writing will indeed reward me for the work I have done on this subject.

I have been answering questions for the users of Friends Circle Forum where I am a member there: