Scifi Movies/favorite film of the year

I know this isn't directly about sci-fi movies, but what is your favorite movie of 2016 so far

Hi Avi,

Okay... It's really too soon to say what my favorite movie of 2016 is - I don't have a particular one that is better than all the others. So far this year, the highest rating I have given a movie is 8 stars out of 10, and this rating has gone to several movies:

Hail, Caesar!
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse
The Legend of Tarzan

I know a few of these have received bad reviews in the press, but I liked them.

And then there are a bunch of 2016 movies I haven't seen yet, such as Captain Fantastic and others. One movie I am really looking forward to is Doctor Strange. If I had to guess, and if it lives up to my expectations, that might well turn out to be my favorite movie of the year.

- Tue Sorensen

Scifi Movies

Tue Sorensen

I am a life-long fan of science fiction in all forms, but especially in movies. I have a very good overview of science fiction movies from the '60s and forward, incl. the very recent. Movies in black&white (from the '50s and earlier) is my weakness, but I am trying to educate myself more and more in those movies as well. I can also answer questions about science fiction in general and in books. I'm not strong on old TV shows; my forte is definitely movies.

Besides my life-long hobby and enthusiasm for SF, I have been a leading member of a local SF fan society since 2003 (chairman from 2006-2009), and written more than a hundred SF movie reviews. I am also a contributor for various review websites (incl., but not limited to, IMDb and Amazon).

Publications (Danish)

I have studied biology, English and history, incl. a number of media courses.