Scotch/Whiteley King's Ransom Whisky

P. Fogg IV wrote at 2011-08-17 19:59:01
"Round The World"  There was a time that whisky was perfected by sending the barrels to sea to be rocked in the cradle of the deep: the more distance the more perfect. Common whisky might travel as far as the Faroes. Like Phileas Fogg it is hard to conceive a greater distance than wholly around the world, hence the appellation.

Mike wrote at 2014-12-28 17:57:13
Actually both kings ransom and House of Lords were owned by an American family until the mid 1970's. since Seagrams did not have its own distillery at the time a large portion of Chivas was made up of kings random sold in bulk The family's patriarch passed away in the late 70's and the rolling stock was sold to an Australian conglomerate which stopped marketing the scotch My father was married to one of the silent partners which I guess makes me a member of the family by marriage too bad the scotch is no longer available it was truly the best blended scotch in the world

geoffhaim wrote at 2015-02-13 00:18:06
Would love to know who might have a bottle as I am one of the grandson's of the American family that owned to distillery :)

Scotch

Jack Whitt