Scotland/golf trip in May 2015

Question
Hello,old golf buddy!I'm Jeff's brother(the Democrat of the family) in South Carolina, in case you have forgotten. Hope you are doing well. Jeff and I are trying to arrange a trip for next year for 8 guys,golf bags and luggage for 6-7 days of golf.One round per day with a second thrown in possibly here or there(maybe a 9 hole course like that killer at Lamlash or the gem at Shiskine).We would like to play at least 2-3 of the Open rotation courses. St. Andrews, Carnoustie,Muirfield, Troon. I think those are in the vicinity of Edinburgh. Maybe operate out of two home bases for 3-4 days each.Places that have accessible restaurants without having to travel.Jeff will probably be in touch,too. The hardest thing for us is getting commitment from participants for same date The last two weeks in May 2015 are best bet. Don't spend time planning this thing, but it would help if you could come up with a ballpark estimate for golf, lodging, ground trans. and guide fee. Thanks for your time. Cheers, Roger Collins

Answer
Hi Roger,

Sorry to be slow back to you but I was in Ireland on a tour.  Of course I remember the sensible member of the party :o)

I would love to help you and can definitely provide a driver with a vehicle suitable for 8 golfers and all the luggage.  I can also supply an accompanying guide, but that would whack up the price  The driver would certainly be suitable for you to just go to and from golf courses, but if you want a bit of touring as well, you really need a guide.  Alternatively, I can supply two eight seater vehicles with two driver/guides and give you more flexibility for not much more cost.

Can you contact me by email? willie.wallace@celticlegend.co.uk

If you choose a two-centre trip the need for a driver every day is lessened. If, for example, you were in Edinburgh and chose to play a nearby course - Prestonfield in the centre of the city is a good choice, or Royal Musselburgh just outside, we could arrange transfers there and back and save a substantial sum for those days.  The same could apply to many days and save loads of money.  Just a thought.  Email me, Rog.

http://www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk/

http://www.prestonfieldgolf.co.uk/

Scotland

Willie Wallace