Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)/Unilateral authority to remove Cubmaster?

Mike wrote at 2009-06-29 18:29:29
Hi Janet,

I came into my position the same way you did.  The only difference is that I called for a vote from them committee and I also had our district executive at the meeting.  After the vote, I called a second vote on replacing the committee chairperson.  I got a 100% vote to remove.  Remember that you are the Cub Master and you run the pack.  The committee just manages the activities behind the scene.  Also remember to surround yourself with good, intelligent people that will support your authority.  Regardless if you are a man or a woman.  You are in charge!!  

NVScouter wrote at 2013-09-30 17:18:17
This answer is actually incorrect.  I realize the question is several years old, but others (like myself) looking for help in similar situations may be misled. The only people who can remove a Cubmaster are the Chartered Organization Representative, the Head of the Chartered Organization, or the Scout Executive (and the SE can only act in Youth Protection situations). The Committee Chair can make a recommendation, but has no authority to actually remove a Cubmaster from office.

Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)

Tom Newman

Just about anything to do with scouting. I have been honored to recieve both the District Award of Merit and the Silver Beaver. I have been associated with Cub Scouting for about 16 years. I served 8 years as Cubmaster and 8 years as Committee Chairman. I was Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner for 1 year and Cub Scout Pack Commissioner for 2 years. I have served 15 years with Boy Scouting. Three years as Assistant Scoutmaster and then formed my own troop as Scoutmaster 12 years ago. I am also working as an adult advisor for the Order of the Arrow, which is the elite campers of Boy Scouts. I have ran several major events for both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, including a Pinewood Derby, a Spring Camporee, a Fall Camporee, and 2 Klondike Derbys. In the 12 years since forming our troop I have had 22 Eagle Scouts.