Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)/How do we add scouts to a split den?

We have 14 scouts in our tiger den.  We are going to split it into two wolf dens.  If another wolf joins the pack, how do we decide which den he belongs to?  Does he get to pick which one he has friends in?

That would be my suggestion.  Most of the time, a boy will join because his friend brings him to a meeting.  It would follow then that he would join that den.  If he joins but does not know anyone, then assign him to the smaller den (if one is larger) or let him pick.  

Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)

Tom Newman

Just about anything to do with scouting. I have been honored to recieve both the District Award of Merit and the Silver Beaver. I have been associated with Cub Scouting for about 16 years. I served 8 years as Cubmaster and 8 years as Committee Chairman. I was Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner for 1 year and Cub Scout Pack Commissioner for 2 years. I have served 15 years with Boy Scouting. Three years as Assistant Scoutmaster and then formed my own troop as Scoutmaster 12 years ago. I am also working as an adult advisor for the Order of the Arrow, which is the elite campers of Boy Scouts. I have ran several major events for both Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, including a Pinewood Derby, a Spring Camporee, a Fall Camporee, and 2 Klondike Derbys. In the 12 years since forming our troop I have had 22 Eagle Scouts.