Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)/Cub Scouting

Question
How should we split the den?  We have 14 tiger cubs.  They have been working together as tigers, but we want to split them into two wolf dens.  What is the best way to do it?  I think it should be arbitrary.  Three ideas come to mind: geographically, alphabetically, or by birthday.  What do you think?

Answer
It might make a difference geographically if dens meet at the leaders house and one lives in one neighborhood and another lives in another neighborhood.

My suggestion would be by family and friendships.  

First I would keep family together so any kids would be with their den leader parents as well as any twins would be together.

Second any kids that do not get along together should be divided into different dens.  This will get rid of any problems that you have in the current den.

Third keep together any kids that are best friends.  If you split up good friends then you might lead them to quit scouting in order to join something that they can be together in.

I would split the 7 and 7 to keep the groups equal.  If you have each den participate in the pack meeting, have each den participate each month and not alternate between Wolf den 1 and Wolf den 2.  

Scouting (Boy, Cub, Girl)

Tom Newman