Scuba Diving/Vintage scubapro shotgun snorkle

Hi Jesse,  I have a different kind of question for you.  I have had a vintage Scubapro Shotgun Snorkel since I started snorkeling and diving in the early 80's.  I unfortunately stepped on the snorkel and have had to cut several inches off the top piece of the snorkel.  Nothing is available on Ebay. Do you have any idea about where I can find a used vintage shotgun snorkel so that I may replace the broken part on mine. Are there any dive chatboards out there that I might try to hook up with to find what I am looking for? I brought the new version of the shotgun 2 twin valve dry snorkel and I really do not like it at all?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

Sincerely, Ian Platt

Hello Ian.  That is a good one.  For a great chat board, try if you have not already.  They have a great equipment section.  I saw where some folks were trying to buy a Shotgun back in 2010.

Next try my old friend Dave Farrar a Gypsy Divers in Raleigh, NC., 919-255-1931. This guy can find anything and is a big S.P. dealer.  He might be able to give you a hand.  Tell him, Jesse Scott sent you.

Wish I could help more on this one.

Scuba Diving

Jesse Scott

I can help you with questions about what to expect when learning how to SCUBA dive; how to select a good instructor and dive shop; and how to begin diving after you have been trained. I can help out with gear questions. I am always happy to discuss topics you learned in training but would like to know more detail. I can recommend additional training and books on SCUBA diving. I can discuss NC wreck diving also. I can also discuss what`s involved in learning becoming more involved in the sport and being a rescue diver, dive master, or instructor. NOTE!! I cannot answer medical questions because I am not a doctor.

I am an SSI Master Instructor and a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. I have over 500 dives in a wide variety of diving environments and scenarios. I have been diving for 10 years. I also teach numerous specialties including Nitrox.

PADI OWSI (Open Water, Advanced OW, Rescue, Divemaster)
SSI MI (OW, Advanced OW; Night, Deep, Wreck, Boat, Nitrox, Navigation, Night, Computer, Search and Recovery, Dry Suit, Advanced Buoyancy Specialties)
Emergency First Response CPR and First Aid Instructor
DAN Diving Emergency Management Provider and Instructor
PSI Visual Tank Inspector
NACD, NSS-CDS Cavern Diver
TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression diver

SSI Master Instructor SSI Gold 500 Instructor SSI Gold 500 Diver SSI Century Instructor SSI Century Diver