Sculpture/Where do I start to find information on wooden carvings?

Question
Hi, I have a couple wooden carvings that I would like more inforamation on. Can you please help me and tell me where to start my search. One of the carvings is a woman with a baby in a papoose and the only marking I can see is a "3" on the bottom. The other carving is an oriental person with some type of swan and holding what appears to be a bottle of some sort. It has markings in an oriental language. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Answer
Hi Connie,
you need to find a local art appraiser who can see your items in person. Be prepared, most woodcarvings can not be traced back to their carvers.
The Telephone book, google or your local art gallery should be able to help. Thanks for the question and have a good day.

Sculpture

maura macaluso