Sculpture/African wood carving

Question
none
none  

none
none  
Hi Maura,
I am trying to research the origin, age, and use of this African (?) wood carving and hope perhaps you can help. I also wonder if the top is made out of sword fish parts?? It has some red trade beads (?)  incorporated.  Was it a ceremonial piece?  A spear of some sort? Fertility charm???? I'll be happy to send more photos.
Thank you very much for your help.
Best wishes Stefanie

Answer
Hi Stefanie, replying to let you know I received your question.....yes please send me more pictures...close up of the top where you might think swordfish.....pic of the back.......is the rope original to the piece? also please give me all the details as to how you came about possessing this piece and any stories associated with it.  Thank you

Sculpture

maura macaluso