Search Engine Optimization/Site Map

Question
"Hi mam.

Here is my direct question.

How can make sitemap of my website like how facebook shows in google search.(Refer the below link )

https://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=facebook&oq=fa&gs_l=hp.3.0.35i39l2j0l8.682.779.1.1975.2.2.0.0.0.0.162.300.0j2.2.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.IjNWJEnhldc&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=565c6b50167f4f3c&bpcl=35243188&biw=1360&bih=645

or www.seminarsonly.com in google search (refer link below)

https://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=seminar+topics&oq=semina&gs_l=hp.3.0.0l10.1235.2135.1.3988.6.6.0.0.0.0.174.943.0j6.6.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.uhz6Hg4kMqQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=565c6b50167f4f3c&bpcl=35243188&biw=1360&bih=645

there is some link present under the main website link.

How can i make like this for my website. ?

note : i have upload sitemap to my site using google webmaster tool.

Awaiting for your response

thanks

Answer
Dear Vallavan,

These 'SiteLinks' are controlled by Google and their presence are at the sole discretion of Google#  My experience has shown that these sitelinks are displayed only for well maintained, older, SEO enhanced sites#  Here is the write-up from Google's Webmaster Tools:

"The links shown below some of Google's search results, called sitelinks, are meant to help users navigate your site# Our systems analyze the link structure of your site to find shortcuts that will save users time and allow them to quickly find the information they're looking for#

Sitelinks

We only show sitelinks for results when we think they'll be useful to the user# If the structure of your site doesn't allow our algorithms to find good sitelinks, or we don't think that the sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, we won't show them#

At the moment, sitelinks are automated# We're always working to improve our sitelinks algorithms, and we may incorporate webmaster input in the future# There are best practices you can follow, however, to improve the quality of your sitelinks# For example, for your site's internal links, make sure you use anchor text and alt text that's informative, compact, and avoids repetition#

If you think that a sitelink URL is inappropriate or incorrect, you can demote it# Demoting a URL for a sitelink tells Google that you don't consider this URL a good sitelink candidate for a specific page on your site# Google doesn't guarantee that demoted URLs will never appear as a sitelink, but we do consider a demotion a strong hint that we'll try to honor when generating sitelinks#

To demote a sitelink URL:
1#On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want#
2#Under Site configuration, click Sitelinks#
3#In the For this search result box, complete the URL for which you don't want a specific sitelink URL to appear# #How to find the right URL##
4#In the Demote this sitelink URL box, complete the URL of the sitelink you want to demote#

Once you've demoted or undemoted a sitelink, it can take some time for search results to reflect your changes#

You can demote up to 100 URLs, and demotions are effective for 90 days from your most recent visit to the Sitelinks page in Webmaster Tools#

I hope this helps#

Anna
SEO Content Plus

Search Engine Optimization

Anna Schuttenhelm