Search Engine Optimization/SEO and redirects

Hi Kelly,
Soon, I'm having a site built for a job search engine. I bought several domains already. I wanted to have one main site with another related domain redirecting to the main site. For instance, if my main site were, I would redirect to it. The point is for people who search for artery disease to find my site. My concern is that search engines will penalize me for thinking I'm trying something unethical like manipulating backlinks or something. Is there some way to do these redirects without getting penalized in my rankings?

Search engines are taking a new approach to duplicate content, you no longer get penalized for duplicate content BUT they won't rank the same site more than once if it has the exact same content. This is true for at least Google.

On the other side if you are providing unique information on these domains that have different names but all link together you will create a nice solid network. Keep in mind that the searches can analyze the links and can figure out if all the sites are part of the same network. i recommend going forward with what you are doing but make sure you link to a few sites not only your main site and also make sure that not all the satellite sites link to each other so a traceable network isn't obvious.

Always remember content is key and usually what is best for your "real" users is also best for the engines.

Search Engine Optimization

Kelly Darwin

Search Engine Optimization, understanding how to make your web site search engine friendly and understanding the importance of how your web site it written and constructed.

We have over 100 clients internationally. Many that we have performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO). I have been performing SEO for over 6 years. Specializing in Google, MSN and Yahoo! organic searches. Examples of our results can be viewed on our website.

Owner Seriously Creative

Numerous newsletters and weblogs.

Graduated from a Programming and Computer Systems Management.

We have over 100 clients internationally. Most of our clients can be viewed on our website at