Search Engine Optimization/2 websites coming up for same search terms

if i have 2 websites coming up for same search terms on the same page is google NOT happy with that?  lets say i sell business cards and stamps and booklet printing on site 1  and then i set up a separate website for just business cards but on that business card site i have a link to pay on the other site...(so the sights are sort of linked) is google going to penalize me because i show up for on 2 separate sites for the same search terms, thank you.

This is perfectly fine as long as the two sites do not have the same word for word content. If they do have the same content you most likely won't get penalized rather the will just drop the ranking for one of the sites and treat them as the same site. This is fairly common these days as people buy multiple domains for the same business, .com .net etc. the key is to make sure the content is different.

Search Engine Optimization

Kelly Darwin

Search Engine Optimization, understanding how to make your web site search engine friendly and understanding the importance of how your web site it written and constructed.

We have over 100 clients internationally. Many that we have performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO). I have been performing SEO for over 6 years. Specializing in Google, MSN and Yahoo! organic searches. Examples of our results can be viewed on our website.

Owner Seriously Creative

Numerous newsletters and weblogs.

Graduated from a Programming and Computer Systems Management.

We have over 100 clients internationally. Most of our clients can be viewed on our website at