Search Engine Optimization/2 websites coming up for same search terms

Question
if i have 2 websites coming up for same search terms on the same page is google NOT happy with that?  lets say i sell business cards and stamps and booklet printing on site 1  and then i set up a separate website for just business cards but on that business card site i have a link to pay on the other site...(so the sights are sort of linked) is google going to penalize me because i show up for on 2 separate sites for the same search terms, thank you.

Answer
This is perfectly fine as long as the two sites do not have the same word for word content. If they do have the same content you most likely won't get penalized rather the will just drop the ranking for one of the sites and treat them as the same site. This is fairly common these days as people buy multiple domains for the same business, .com .net etc. the key is to make sure the content is different.

Search Engine Optimization

Kelly Darwin